Domestic Violence
Drug Crimes
Drug Possession
Expunction / Non-Disclosure
Federal Cases
Juvenile Cases
Underage Drinking
Probation Violations
White Collar Crimes

Common FAQ's:

1.  I have a family member charged with a crime, how can I get them out of jail?

In most cases there is a bond set and you can post the bond through a professional bondsman to have your loved one released on bond.  You can pay the bondsman a percentage of the bond (usually around 10-20% of the bond) to guarantee appearance of your loved one in court.  To avoid paying the bondsman the percentage fee, you can pay a cash bond at 49 San Jacinto in the amount of the full bond, and that cash bond amount will be returned to you by the Sheriff after the disposition of the case.

2.  What if there is already a warrant for my arrest?
If there is a bond set already, you can post bond without having to go through the hassle of being arrested.  To do this, you must contact a bondsman.

3.  What if I don't have a bond?
In most situations, you will have to be placed into custody, and a lawyer representing you can approach the judge to fight for your bond.  You may have a "NO BOND" in domestic violence cases where the State will request a protective order, if you pick up a charge while on probation or on bond on another pending case, or if you have been to the penitentiary at least twice before.

4.  Do I need a lawyer to discuss my case with the police?
You should always seek an attorney's advice before making statements to law enforcement to ensure your rights are protected.  

5.  If I'm charged with a felony, what is the role of the grand jury?
The Grand Jury is a groups of citizens who serve to determine if probable case exists for the prosecutor to go forth with a case.  Every single felony case must be indicted and generally indictment occurs within 90 days of an offense.  It is important to have effective representation before your case is presented to the Grand Jury so you can be aware of your options.  If in your particular case, there are facts the Grand Jury should hear that go beyond the police reports, you should speak to your attorney regarding testifying or presenting evidence to the Grand Jury.  Ultimately, the Grand Jury decides whether to hear this evidence, but the option to present evidence must be considered early on to ensure an effective defense in your case.

6.  How much does it cost to talk about my case?
Your initial consultation is free so call or email us to come in and we can go through your case!

© 2011 All Rights Reserved.